Report Migration from Tableau to Amazon QuickSight
A Financial Services company needed to migrate its Credit Card Network set of executive dashboards from Tableau to QuickSight in order to understand the business performance at-a-glance. The requirement was to securely track critical and large data volume at efficient costing.
Client Challenges and Requirements
- The requirement was to track critical and large datasets, scalability being their main priority.
- Assess the existing Tableau environment and critical business requirements.
- Optimize reports and reduce redundancy.
- Set up and configure required data connections. Configure Redshift with QuickSight. Establish relationships between different data sources and create the data structure in QuickSight.
- With the help of the existing Tableau reports as a mockup, create QuickSight visualizations.
- Provide filtering capabilities and create calculations for the custom fields.
- Implement incremental refresh for high-volume data to optimize the data refresh performance.
- Leverage QuickSight features to enhance the visualizations.
- Perform data validations and quality checks. Publish reports with role-based accesses.
Tools & Technologies We Used
Eases decision-making and tracking of management strategy and business plans
Cost effective and scalable solution / Reduced server and maintenance cost
Seamless and secure integration with AWS